Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Error during include of component

Former Community Member

Hi All,

Suddenly I have started getting this error on my page. Below are some more details on the error.

Error Message: org.apache.sling.api.scripting.ScriptEvaluationException: org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri: http://www.mercer.com/taglibs/mhrtaglib/1.0 cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

Here is my sample JSP

<%@include file="/libs/foundation/global.jsp" %> <%@taglib prefix="mhr" uri="http://www.mercer.com/taglibs/mhrtaglib/1.0"%> <% %> <html> <head> <title>A sample custom tag</title> <cq:includeClientLib css="etc.designs.mercer.clientlibs"/> </head> <body> <mhr:Hello/> </body>

and here is the tld

<taglib> <tlib-version>1.0</tlib-version> <jsp-version>2.0</jsp-version> <short-name>Example TLD</short-name> <uri>http://www.mercer.com/taglibs/mhrtaglib/1.0</uri> <tag> <name>Hello</name> <tag-class>com.mercer.taglibs.tags.HelloWorld</tag-class> <body-content>empty</body-content> </tag> </taglib>

and also providing the dependencies because I think somewhere the problem is with the libs:

<dependencyManagement> <dependencies> <dependency> <groupId>org.osgi</groupId> <artifactId>org.osgi.core</artifactId> <version>4.2.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.osgi</groupId> <artifactId>org.osgi.compendium</artifactId> <version>4.2.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.felix.scr.annotations</artifactId> <version>1.6.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>biz.aQute</groupId> <artifactId>bndlib</artifactId> <version>1.43.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId> <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId> <version>1.5.10</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId> <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId> <version>2.5</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.jcr</groupId> <artifactId>jcr</artifactId> <version>2.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.api</artifactId> <version>2.2.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.jcr.api</artifactId> <version>2.1.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>junit</groupId> <artifactId>junit</artifactId> <version>4.8.1</version> <scope>test</scope> </dependency> <!-- dependency defined by AnkitC for CQ APIs::Start --> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.jcr.jcr-wrapper</artifactId> <version>2.0.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq.wcm</groupId> <artifactId>cq-wcm-api</artifactId> <version>5.6.2</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq</groupId> <artifactId>cq-commons</artifactId> <version>5.6.2</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq.wcm</groupId> <artifactId>cq-wcm-commons</artifactId> <version>5.6.2</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.commons</groupId> <artifactId>day-commons-jstl</artifactId> <version>1.1.4</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq.wcm</groupId> <artifactId>cq-wcm-taglib</artifactId> <version>5.6.2</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib</artifactId> <version>2.1.8</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.adobe.granite</groupId> <artifactId>com.adobe.granite.xssprotection</artifactId> <version>5.5.22</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <!-- dependency provided by AnkitC::Stop --> <!-- dependency provided by AnkitC::Start --> <dependency> <groupId>com.adobe.granite</groupId> <artifactId>com.adobe.granite.ui.commons</artifactId> <version>5.5.60</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <!-- dependency provided by AnkitC::Stop --> <!-- dependency provided by AnkitC::Start --> <dependency> <groupId>com.day.cq.wcm</groupId> <artifactId>cq-wcm-core</artifactId> <version>5.6.4</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId> <artifactId>commons-lang3</artifactId> <version>3.0.1</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>com.googlecode.json-simple</groupId> <artifactId>json-simple</artifactId> <version>1.1</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId> <artifactId>org.apache.sling.commons.osgi</artifactId> <version>2.2.0</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId> <artifactId>jstl</artifactId> <version>1.2</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId> <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId> <version>2.1</version> </dependency> <!-- dependency defined by AnkitC for CQ APIs::Stop --> </dependencies> </dependencyManagement>

Do let me know if there is some more information I need to provide.

Thanks in advance,

Ankit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

All Java that you build in CQ are placed into an OSGi bundle -- CQ is really an OSGi service container :

http://blogs.adobe.com/kmossman/2012/04/osgi-sling-service-example.html

I recommend building your Java using as OSGi, deploy it to CQ. You can use the Felix Console to determine its running. See this community article to build a basic OSGi for CQ using CRXDE:

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2012/04/creating-osgi-bundles-for-adobe-digital.html

When you get more comfortable with building OSGi -- you can start building them with Maven. See this one as an example of building an OSGi with Maven:

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2013/01/persisting-cq-data-in-java-content.html

First thing to do is to take the Java you want to use in your tag libs and make sure you got it successfully in an OSGi. For example - assume you want to get this into an OSGi:

package com.adobe.test;
import com.adobe.myexample.*;

public class Echo {

public String getMessage(String msg)
{
  EchoService2 echo = new EchoService2();
  String msg2 = echo.sayHello(msg);
   return msg2;
   }

}

Get this into an OSGi. Once you get that into an OSGi -- you can call it from a JSP  using syntax like:

<%@include file="/libs/foundation/global.jsp"%>
<%@ page import="com.adobe.test.Echo" %>
<h1><%= properties.get("title", currentPage.getTitle()) %></h1>
<%
Echo hw = new Echo();
%>
<h3><%= hw.getMessage("Hi There") %></h3>

Make sure that you can do that -- then go to tags that you have in your example. That is - before tags will work - you have to ensure that the Java is deployed and in an Active state. Read the 2 links above.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Can you see your Java deployed to CQ using the Felix console?

Former Community Member

Thanks for the response smacdonald2008. But how do I check that.

Correct answer by
Level 10

All Java that you build in CQ are placed into an OSGi bundle -- CQ is really an OSGi service container :

http://blogs.adobe.com/kmossman/2012/04/osgi-sling-service-example.html

I recommend building your Java using as OSGi, deploy it to CQ. You can use the Felix Console to determine its running. See this community article to build a basic OSGi for CQ using CRXDE:

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2012/04/creating-osgi-bundles-for-adobe-digital.html

When you get more comfortable with building OSGi -- you can start building them with Maven. See this one as an example of building an OSGi with Maven:

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2013/01/persisting-cq-data-in-java-content.html

First thing to do is to take the Java you want to use in your tag libs and make sure you got it successfully in an OSGi. For example - assume you want to get this into an OSGi:

package com.adobe.test;
import com.adobe.myexample.*;

public class Echo {

public String getMessage(String msg)
{
  EchoService2 echo = new EchoService2();
  String msg2 = echo.sayHello(msg);
   return msg2;
   }

}

Get this into an OSGi. Once you get that into an OSGi -- you can call it from a JSP  using syntax like:

<%@include file="/libs/foundation/global.jsp"%>
<%@ page import="com.adobe.test.Echo" %>
<h1><%= properties.get("title", currentPage.getTitle()) %></h1>
<%
Echo hw = new Echo();
%>
<h3><%= hw.getMessage("Hi There") %></h3>

Make sure that you can do that -- then go to tags that you have in your example. That is - before tags will work - you have to ensure that the Java is deployed and in an Active state. Read the 2 links above.

Hope this helps.

Former Community Member

Thank you for the detailed response and I am already using maven to build the OSGi bundles. The problem is it was working fine till a couple of days before, not sure what exactly went wrong. I am using eclipse as the IDE and maven to build the project.

Also, while I am building the project I am getting the following warnings:

dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)' must be unique: javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar -> version 2.1 vs (?) @ line 169, column 15

'dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)' must be unique: javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api:jar -> version 2.1 vs (?) @ line 104, column 15

Also, I can see in the install folder of local CQ workspace, there versions of jar. Any reason why this happening ?

Can this be the reason ?

Regards,

Ankit

Level 10

In this community article: 

It talks about how to use the Felix console to see if the OSGi is installed and active - check that first to rule out if that is the issue. 

[img]ADeploy.png[/img]

See if your bundle is active.

Former Community Member

I have been able to resolve this now. I tried everything but nothing worked. So I had to replace the trunk in my code with the branch. Anyway, thanks for all the inputs. Learned something new !

Regards,

Ankit