Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error 500

Level 3

Hi All,

I am trying to access components from system console and always getting the Error 500. 

http://localhost:4502/system/console/components

Please find below complete error

HTTP ERROR: 500

Problem accessing /system/console/components. Reason:

java.lang.NullPointerException
ENV: AEM 6.1

Please suggest on this.

Thanks,

Raja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this similar problem :- 

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

// 

Well, in case it helps anyone else ... I fixed my specific issue, although after researching it, I feel that ultimately the cause will vary - here is what solved my issue.

Tailing the error.log, I stopped the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, then restarted it. It threw the following notice (note it's an INFO log, not a WARN or ERROR)

12.12.2015 00:13:53.368 *INFO* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.tasks.BundleInstallTask Exception during install of bundle TaskResource(url=jcrinstall:/apps/system/install/aem-sightly-ide-api-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, entity=bundle:aem-sightly-ide-api, state=INSTALL, attributes=[Bundle-Version=0.1.0.SNAPSHOT, Bundle-SymbolicName=aem-sightly-ide-api, org.apache.sling.installer.api.tasks.ResourceTransformer=:30:36:32:], digest=1449874117952) : Bundle installation rejected by hook.. Retrying later.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Bundle installation rejected by hook.
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:3123)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:167)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.tasks.BundleInstallTask.execute(BundleInstallTask.java:47)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.doExecuteTasks(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:847)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.executeTasks(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:689)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.run(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:265)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
After uninstalling that offending bundle "aem-sightly-ide-api", and restarted the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, things worked as expected (and the bundle I deleted was re-installed, apparently via the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle startup.

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi

Please have a look at this similar problem :- 

Link:- http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

// 

Well, in case it helps anyone else ... I fixed my specific issue, although after researching it, I feel that ultimately the cause will vary - here is what solved my issue.

Tailing the error.log, I stopped the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, then restarted it. It threw the following notice (note it's an INFO log, not a WARN or ERROR)

12.12.2015 00:13:53.368 *INFO* [OsgiInstallerImpl] org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.tasks.BundleInstallTask Exception during install of bundle TaskResource(url=jcrinstall:/apps/system/install/aem-sightly-ide-api-0.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, entity=bundle:aem-sightly-ide-api, state=INSTALL, attributes=[Bundle-Version=0.1.0.SNAPSHOT, Bundle-SymbolicName=aem-sightly-ide-api, org.apache.sling.installer.api.tasks.ResourceTransformer=:30:36:32:], digest=1449874117952) : Bundle installation rejected by hook.. Retrying later.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Bundle installation rejected by hook.
    at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.installBundle(Felix.java:3123)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:167)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.tasks.BundleInstallTask.execute(BundleInstallTask.java:47)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.doExecuteTasks(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:847)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.executeTasks(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:689)
    at org.apache.sling.installer.core.impl.OsgiInstallerImpl.run(OsgiInstallerImpl.java:265)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
After uninstalling that offending bundle "aem-sightly-ide-api", and restarted the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle, things worked as expected (and the bundle I deleted was re-installed, apparently via the "org.apache.felix.webconsole.plugins.ds" bundle startup.

I hope this would help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni