Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Enabling CORS not working in AEM Cloud

Employee Advisor

I have enabled CORS for a specific domain and supportsCredentials as true.Below screenshot from AEM dev instance config

shellygoel_1-1625817261320.png

I have also added CORS headers in dispatcher - clientheaders.any file

shellygoel_1-1625642495895.png

However, request to AEM server still throws CORS error and there are no response headers

Chrome Dev Tools gives this error:

Access to fetch at 'https://author-p24737-e166384.adobeaemcloud.com/content/dam/nike.initiateUpload.json' from origin 'https://401518-contentsymphonydev-shelly.adobeio-static.net' has been blocked by CORS policy: Request header field authorization is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Headers in preflight response.

So I explicitly added headers in supportedheaders as below:

shellygoel_0-1625649403841.png

Still getting the same issue.

Firefox preflight information below:

shellygoel_1-1625649527199.png

Sling Referrer Filter Config:

shellygoel_0-1625817236912.png

Now the CORS issue is resolved but it gives 403 Forbidden (other then GET calls). I read few articles and it mentioned to remove POST method from Sling Referrer Filter , I removed it but no difference

shellygoel_2-1625817410365.png

Another post mentions to remove POST from CSRF filter config. I don't think it's optimal to remove these methods from these configs. Please suggest a solution and why the access-control-allowed-methods header is not able to take care of this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22799024/cq5-403-forbidden-occurs-when-call-a-post-servlet?answe...

@Jorg_Hoh @kautuk_sahni  Can you please tag Jorg_Hoh for me as I couldn't find him? Please also route it/ get it some attention from relevant folks in Adobe.

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @shelly-goel 

Can you please try whitelisting this AEM server in the receiving server to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Community Advisor

Hi @shelly-goel,

Could you please confirm if you have allowed the origin(via Allow hosts or Allow Regexp Host) in Apache Sling Referrer Filter too ?

Employee Advisor
Added Sling Referrer Filter config as well but not of much help

Community Advisor

If you are getting same CORS error as before, try adding logger entry for com.adobe.granite.cors with Debug level and try accessing again to see if it provide details of why it was denied.

Community Advisor

If you are trying to access the other endpoints from AEM, then it would requie to whitelisting of AEM cloud url from other endpoint side.

Employee Advisor
It's not a whitelist issue, other AEM calls works fine.

Administrator

Jörg_Hoh, please assist here.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 1

any solution for this issue, tried all the way but not able to resolve this issue.

Level 1

As a alternative, explicitly added allow rule in the location match which resolved the CORS issue.

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"