Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Enable target icon not coming on custom component

Level 2

I have integrated AEM with Target using adobe I/O. The integration is working and we can export Xfragments from AEM -> Target. 

But When I am trying to create A/B activity in AEM using targeting mode, the component does not show target icon which I want to use to provide different experience in A and B. 

not sure what am I missing

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I would recommend using Adobe Target's visual experience composer to do A/B testing. 

This is recommended way. See the 5th link shared below. These 5 steps cover exactly the same use case that you are trying to achieve. 

1. Add Adobe Target to your AEM web site
  2. Trigger an Adobe Target call from Launch
  3. Integrate AEM Author service with Adobe Target
  4. Export AEM Experience Fragments to Adobe Target
  5. Personalize part of a web page using Experience Fragment Offers

Must Read: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/integrations/target/overview.... 

Also, check of cq:disableTargeting=true at the component level.

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@kautuk_sahni Any POC who can help on Target and Adobe I/O for this question ? 

Correct answer by
Administrator

I would recommend using Adobe Target's visual experience composer to do A/B testing. 

This is recommended way. See the 5th link shared below. These 5 steps cover exactly the same use case that you are trying to achieve. 

1. Add Adobe Target to your AEM web site
  2. Trigger an Adobe Target call from Launch
  3. Integrate AEM Author service with Adobe Target
  4. Export AEM Experience Fragments to Adobe Target
  5. Personalize part of a web page using Experience Fragment Offers

Must Read: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/sites/integrations/target/overview.... 

Also, check of cq:disableTargeting=true at the component level.

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi Kautuk,

I agree its a recommended way but we want to enable our content author to be able to do small personalisation from author instance.

Level 2
Most of the component that I wanted to edit had cq:disableTargeting=true which caused the issue. Thanks everyone for checking this.