Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Enable Custom Plugin in RTE Editor for Styles

Level 3

Hello All,

I'm using AEM 6.5 and configured the Styles in RTE. Is there a way that we could split this and have separate dropdowns as this list grows and becomes difficult for Author to scroll through?

manasabojja7_3-1695328121088.png

Can I add a separate styles icon (with another symbol) so that I can show "Font Sizes" and "Text Styles" separately instead of cluttering everything under the OOTB 'styles' dropdown (S)? That way all Font Sizes are under the OOTB styles dropdown and the Text Styles, Font Weights, and so on are under separate icon dropdown.

For now, we have everything under styles, we can add any number of styles but cannot separate them. 

Any help is appreciated.

-Manasa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Is your intention just formatting or display certain styles in a different icon? For the latter part the links you see from @Harwinder-singh may be a starting point.

But for formatting, I think you should be able to override the display styles to show each option group in a column through css changes. If a markup adjustment is required you may have to overlay the styles elector related files. I guess some one already did this and shared in a blog post. Don't have the links handy but you can search for stylesystem overlay related keywords. 

Thanks 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Is your intention just formatting or display certain styles in a different icon? For the latter part the links you see from @Harwinder-singh may be a starting point.

But for formatting, I think you should be able to override the display styles to show each option group in a column through css changes. If a markup adjustment is required you may have to overlay the styles elector related files. I guess some one already did this and shared in a blog post. Don't have the links handy but you can search for stylesystem overlay related keywords. 

Thanks 

Administrator

@manasabojja7 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni