Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Enable a component group by default for a template

Level 2

I need to enable a particular component group by default when i create a page with a specific template; without going to design mode and selecting the group.

When author selects it once, it works for all new pages he creates with that template. However, that is not the case when the package is installed in in another CQ environment and the author has to again manually choose the group by going to design mode.

Need a solution to avoid this. Tried referring the content.xml for any properties added after the group is chosen from design mode. But couldn't find.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Sriram

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sriam,

The design mode configurations will be stored by template under the Design Page specified for the site in a String[] called components. As long as these nodes and properties are packaged with the rest of you code, you should not have to manually choose the group in design mode. Check out the Geometrixx Outdoors Design Page for example: /etc/designs/geometrixx-outdoors/jcr:content/page/par

-Danny

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I have not done this - i have always set groups manually in the sidekick. However -- i am investigating this use case. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sriam,

The design mode configurations will be stored by template under the Design Page specified for the site in a String[] called components. As long as these nodes and properties are packaged with the rest of you code, you should not have to manually choose the group in design mode. Check out the Geometrixx Outdoors Design Page for example: /etc/designs/geometrixx-outdoors/jcr:content/page/par

-Danny

Level 2

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Since i use Subversion (SVN), the added components[] property under /etc/designs/<project-name> gets checked out in any other environment and its working fine. 

But still the issue still persists when trying to add this filter using CRX package manager and installing the package in other environment.

Thanks,

Sriram

Level 8

Danny speaks the truth!

dgordon86 wrote...

Hi Sriam,

-Danny