Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

en.model.json 500 error on page copy

Level 3

Hi, I'm having issue with SPA when I copy page from different folder or copy pages from difference environment. (Prod to stage) using and copy tool (ACS, Cloud Manager Copy Content). Page is blank, upon checking the network tab I see the en.model.json doesn't exist in that path and throw an error for en.model.json file (500 Server Error). 

But if I manually create root page and children pages in environment. I see en.model.json is loading and working fine. 

If anyone else running AEM SPA, do you have this issue?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @snowwhite92 ,

It sounds like you're encountering issues with your Single Page Application (SPA) when copying pages between different environments or folders in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). The problem seems to be related to the absence of the en.model.json file, which results in a 500 Server Error.

Here are a few things you might consider checking:

1. Configuration Consistency: Ensure that the configuration settings for your SPA are consistent across environments. This includes configurations related to routing, paths, and any other settings that might affect the generation or loading of the en.model.json file.

2. Content Structure: Verify that the content structure is the same between environments. If there are differences in the structure, it might affect the generation of the en.model.json file.

3. Permissions: Check if there are any permission issues preventing the generation or access of the en.model.json file in certain environments or folders.

4. Logging: Enable logging to get more insights into what might be causing the issue. Check the AEM logs for any errors or warnings related to the generation or loading of the en.model.json file.

5. Cache: Sometimes, caching issues can cause unexpected behavior. Try clearing the cache in both environments to see if it resolves the problem.

6. Deployment Process: Review your deployment process to ensure that all necessary files and configurations are properly transferred between environments.

If you're still unable to resolve the issue, it might be helpful to reach out to Adobe support or consult with other AEM SPA users to see if they've encountered similar issues and how they resolved them.
Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi @snowwhite92 ,

It sounds like you're encountering issues with your Single Page Application (SPA) when copying pages between different environments or folders in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM). The problem seems to be related to the absence of the en.model.json file, which results in a 500 Server Error.

Here are a few things you might consider checking:

1. Configuration Consistency: Ensure that the configuration settings for your SPA are consistent across environments. This includes configurations related to routing, paths, and any other settings that might affect the generation or loading of the en.model.json file.

2. Content Structure: Verify that the content structure is the same between environments. If there are differences in the structure, it might affect the generation of the en.model.json file.

3. Permissions: Check if there are any permission issues preventing the generation or access of the en.model.json file in certain environments or folders.

4. Logging: Enable logging to get more insights into what might be causing the issue. Check the AEM logs for any errors or warnings related to the generation or loading of the en.model.json file.

5. Cache: Sometimes, caching issues can cause unexpected behavior. Try clearing the cache in both environments to see if it resolves the problem.

6. Deployment Process: Review your deployment process to ensure that all necessary files and configurations are properly transferred between environments.

If you're still unable to resolve the issue, it might be helpful to reach out to Adobe support or consult with other AEM SPA users to see if they've encountered similar issues and how they resolved them.
Thank you!

Community Advisor

@HrishikeshKa  great reply with fully detailed list of things to check. 

@snowwhite92 I think issue would be copy tool you're using, it might not be getting all the pages with nodes and properties when syncing content.

To identify the issue, you can perform a content comparison 

- Get the json content of rootpage from PROD and Stage - "http://host/content/myapp/rootpage.json" and compare json values. If you notice any differences, you will know the problem. 

Level 3

@Lokesh_Vajrala I have already compared the properties of the page and root page between Source and Destination environments. All the JCR and page properties are same. 

@HrishikeshKa We don't have any different config for different env related to SPA app. If I create page within the env. we get the en.model.json file but when pages are copied from different env. it doesn't create or copy the en.model.json file in same page path. In fact copying page remove the existing en.model.json file the page path. 

I don't think it has anything to do with deployment or cache. I have already tested these things. it's something to do with AEM copy system for SPA which doesn't include en.model.json file when contents being copied.  

Administrator

@snowwhite92 Did you find the suggestions helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni