Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Empty/Blank Page issues with Experience Fragment

Level 5

Hello - I am facing some issues with experience fragment(XF). All of a sudden, the experience fragment master variant is empty/blank and I still see the content in the child variations. This is happening for multiple XFs. Not sure what is causing the issue. Could someone throw some light on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @v1101 

Can you please check the error log and see what error it is throwing when you are trying to access the master variant?

You can find the error log in aem installation folder crx-quickstart/logs/error.log

Also please check if any specific component is present on those pages which all are breaking or it any for all the component.

Was there any recent changes that was done to the code are deployed on the instance?

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @v1101 

Can you please check the error log and see what error it is throwing when you are trying to access the master variant?

You can find the error log in aem installation folder crx-quickstart/logs/error.log

Also please check if any specific component is present on those pages which all are breaking or it any for all the component.

Was there any recent changes that was done to the code are deployed on the instance?

Level 5
@Asutosh_Jena_ - Thanks for your reply. I don't see any errors in the error log. Moreover, the same set of components is used in the child variation as well. There are no recent changes deployed on the instance.

Community Advisor

Do you see any console error when trying to access? Is the component loading fine in editor.html and breaking in wcmmode disabled?

There should be definitely an error in the error log if the component or the page is breaking.

Level 5
@Asutosh_Jena_ - I have verified the jcr:content for the master variant as well and don't see any nodes in it.

Community Advisor
If there is no content present in the master variant then the jcr:content node will be empty. Have you added any content earlier and now it;s removed? Can you try adding some content now and see if still it's getting removed?

Level 5
@Asutosh_Jena_ - Yes, I have added the content again in the master variation and the content got removed (Not immediately) after sometime.

Community Advisor
Which means there is some event listener configured which is removing the content after certain time period. You can observe the same by adding the content again and check in the error.log. It will show the complete event when the content is removed and why it's removed. We need to know that event and disable it.

Level 5
@Asutosh_Jena_ - This is happening for some of the XF and not for all XFs. Will check and let you know if I find anything in the logs. Thanks.

Community Advisor

@v1101 Sounds good! I will suggest to compare between the XFs where the issue is occuring with the one where no issue occurs.

It will help us to identify the root cause.

Community Advisor

@v1101 Can you check if you are using OOTB template or your own. Also please check if template's sling:resourceType points to the correct page component. Ensure you have proper user permissions to perform this task.

Level 5
@Bhuwan_B - I see this issue started happening recently. Also the template is pointing to correct component. this is happening to some of the XFs only.