Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Emergency Pipeline Execution Mode in CM

Level 2

Hi All,

In critical situations, planning to deploy code changes to stage and production environments without waiting for a full Cloud Manager test cycle to execute . 

Could you please help me how to enable "emergency" mode in Cloud Manager production pipeline.

Environment:

AEM 6.5

AMS

Cloud Manager

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @R_R_P 

As stated in this document - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-manager/content/using/code-deployme... it has to enabled by Customer Success Engineer for your program. If it is enabled you would get an option to run the pipeline in Emergency Mode. 

The emergency pipeline execution mode feature is activated on a program-by-program basis by the Customer Success Engineers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @R_R_P 

As stated in this document - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-manager/content/using/code-deployme... it has to enabled by Customer Success Engineer for your program. If it is enabled you would get an option to run the pipeline in Emergency Mode. 

The emergency pipeline execution mode feature is activated on a program-by-program basis by the Customer Success Engineers.

Community Advisor

@R_R_P 

The emergency pipeline execution mode feature is activated on a program-by-program basis by the Customer Success Engineers

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-manager/content/using/code-deployme...

Enabling "emergency" mode will immediately pause the pipeline and prevent any further deployments to your production environment. To resume normal pipeline operations, you will need to manually turn off "emergency" mode by toggling the switch back to the "Off" position.

Employee Advisor

Just for future referencers, this is currently enabled only for AMS users and NOT CS users. 

Also, currently this is not a self service feature, but needs to be done via Customer success engineers. Raising a support ticket will get you to it. 

eCAB allows you to skip the test stages and is recommended only in case of very urgent fixes. 

Community Advisor

With the Emergency mode execution, only Security and Performance Tests are skipped; all other steps will run as usual.

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Thanks all for the reply.

I am raising a support ticket and also contact our Customer success engineers for the same. I will update you all once I get a solution from them.

Level 1

Hi All,

Support team enabled Emergency mode and we can able run the Emergency mode.

We're planning to automate the same feature using script with aio commands. When ever its required we can run from script. 

Could you please guide me in the right direction.