Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Editing feature

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to migrate data from sharepoint to adobe cq5 using sharepoint connector. Is it possible to edit the content which are migrated from sharepoint to adobe cq5?Is it possible to incoorporate the editing features of adobe cq5 to the data migrated from share point?

Thanks in advance ,

RG

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

ragamgnair wrote...

Thanks

I went through the presentation. I created the lists and pages in sharepoint. I would like to migrate the list from sharepoint to adobe CQ5. My doubt is that the migrated document(list) can be editable like components in adobe cq5 or should we need to go  sharepoint to modify the content?

Thanks

Ragam

Hi Ragam,

Connector acts kind of proxy & any modification uses sp query to edit. Ultimately it stores in sharepoint.  If you are trying to migrate from sharepoint into aem then i do not think connector will help instead use jcr remote api to upload all assets into aem. Also editing like component is not possible because there is no inbuilt documents editor.

Thanks,
Sham
 Tweet: @adobe_sham

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

writing files & folders is possible but there are two constraints. For more details Watch the presentation at http://dev.day.com/content/ddc/en/gems/sharepoint-connector---setup-and-configuration.html

Level 3

Thanks

I went through the presentation. I created the lists and pages in sharepoint. I would like to migrate the list from sharepoint to adobe CQ5. My doubt is that the migrated document(list) can be editable like components in adobe cq5 or should we need to go  sharepoint to modify the content?

Thanks

Ragam

Correct answer by
Level 10

ragamgnair wrote...

Thanks

Thanks

Ragam

Hi Ragam,

Connector acts kind of proxy & any modification uses sp query to edit. Ultimately it stores in sharepoint.  If you are trying to migrate from sharepoint into aem then i do not think connector will help instead use jcr remote api to upload all assets into aem. Also editing like component is not possible because there is no inbuilt documents editor.

Thanks,
Sham
 Tweet: @adobe_sham