Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Issues with OOTB Inherited Paragraph System (iparsys) with Sightly

Level 2

Hi,

We are using AEM6 and Sightly. We are facing issues with OOTB iparsys. Component inheritance works up to level-2 only from parent page. Components are not getting inherited to level-3.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Created a test template "/apps/test/template/test" and added page component "/apps/test/components/test".

2. Page rendering component "/apps/test/components/test" extends to "wcm/foundation/components/page".

3. Copied the body.html from "wcm/foundation/components/page" to "/apps/test/components/test" and added following code.

<body>
        <div data-sly-resource="${@path='banner-par',resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/iparsys'}"></div>
    </body>

4. Now in siteadmin created a level-1 page "/content/test/level-1" using Test Template and added foundation Image component to "banner-par". Added sample image to Image Component.

5. Then created a child page "level-2" under "level-1" page  using Test Template. Opened the page and verified Image component is inherited to "/content/test/level-1/level-2" page.

6. Then created another child page "level-3" under "level-2" page using Test Template. Opened the page in new window. But in this case Image component is not showing up in "/content/test/level-1/level-2/level-3". I have verified the logs. But didn't find any useful logs.

I am not able to figure out whether this is the expected behavior or anything I am doing wrong or its a product bug. 

But this works fine with OOTB "foundation/components/iparsys" without sightly in Geometrixx site.

Please help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks,

Sai

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Eng team just informed me that this was fixed in AEM 6 SP2. If this is not the case - please open a ticket to get this fixed. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Eng team just informed me that this was fixed in AEM 6 SP2. If this is not the case - please open a ticket to get this fixed. 

Level 2

If you are still working with versions of aem before aem6 sp2 i figured out how to work around this bug. I just wrote a blog post about it here: 

http://blog.karbyn.com/index.php/fixing-inheritance-issues-with-iparsys-in-aem/

Level 2

Please let me know whether AEM 6 SP2 is out now?

If not can we get some intermediate patch or hotfix for the same.