Expand my Community achievements bar.

EditConfig Listener not working in nested components in aem 6.4

Level 2

Hi All,

We are having two components lets say Component A and Component B. Both have its own editConfig Listeners for afterinsert and afteredit to refresh the current page.

It is working fine when both the components are used individually, but there seems to be an issue when we include component A inside component B using data-sly-resource, after inserting the component the page is not refreshed and the component is non editable. We have to manually refresh the page and after that the component functions normally where both the components get enabled for editing. Has anyone faced the same issue? we are using the version 6.4 with service pack 2.(6.4.2).

Thanks,

Raja S

8 Replies

Level 1

Yes, even I 'm facing the same issue. I have to either do hard refresh or change modes (Moving from edit to preview and then back to edit mode) to solve this issue. Someone please suggest any other approach to solve.

Community Advisor

You can try below:

In the cq:editConfig node of component A (which I understand to be the inner component), change Listener from REFRESH_SELF or REFRESH_PAGE  to  REFRESH_PARENT

e.g. afteredit="REFRESH_PARENT"

This will force the parent component B to refresh when editing component A.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks for chiming in Arun, i have tried that option already and it does not seem to solve the issue.

Community Advisor

Hi,

I tried in AEM 6.4, working for me.

I used REFRESH_PAGE action for both components, it is refreshing the page and I am able to edit both components.

chrome-capture.gif

Please let us know if we are missing something here.

Arun Patidar

Level 10

Is the outer component the responsive grid?

Level 10

Also best practice to model your components based on the core components.

Level 2

Yeah Scott correct, we are wrapping all the components inside the responsive grid.