Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Editable Templates not visible in Template Editors

Level 3

Hi experts,

My project had created editable templates with this hierarchy. 

/conf/<<projname>>/settings/wcm/templates/sites .

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 2.49.35 PM.png

In Template Editors whatever templates created under /wcm/templates can be seen. But in my current project templates are under /wcm/template/sites. So we are unable to seethe templates in Template Editors though we can still see the templates for page creations.

Is there any way to make the templates visible under Template Editors as well ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @testtttt1 ,

As per documentation, if you need to separate the templates, then you need to achieve using separate folders, for example-

/conf/<folder-01>/<folder-02>/settings/wcm/templates

/conf/<folder-03>/settings/wcm/templates

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo...

I believe the OOTB script is written in such a way that the templates are not loading because of the folder hierarchy you have used.

Thanks,

Ritesh Mittal

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @testtttt1 ,

As per documentation, if you need to separate the templates, then you need to achieve using separate folders, for example-

/conf/<folder-01>/<folder-02>/settings/wcm/templates

/conf/<folder-03>/settings/wcm/templates

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo...

I believe the OOTB script is written in such a way that the templates are not loading because of the folder hierarchy you have used.

Thanks,

Ritesh Mittal

Level 9

Hi @testtttt1 

If you want to see the folders you will probably have to override the OOTB functionality . As per the code it refers to this file under libs

/libs/cq/gui/components/siteadmin/admin/templates/datasources/datasource/datasource.jsp where they are looking for template type before adding to the return resources. Again this will not be a recommended approach .

Level 4

Yes. Your templates should be immediately under /wcm/templates. The subdirectory sites is causing your issue. Move your templates one directory up and you will see them appearing in the Granite UI's Toolbox.