Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Editable Templates allowed components showing only the components which has sling:resourceSuperType property in 6.4.7

Community Advisor

hi team,

In 6.4 editable templates structure mode, allowed components used to show all the components whatever we configure in policies.

http://localhost:4504/editor.html/conf/we-retail/settings/wcm/templates/hero-page/structure.html
6.4-weretail.JPG

But when we upgraded to 6.4.7 it is showing only the components which has sling:resourceSuperType property.
6.4-weretail-issue.JPG
Has anyone faced this issue? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Kishore_Kumar_,

I have seen that in prior version of AEM 6.4 (eg: AEM 6.4.2), components without cq:design_dialog node are allowed in layout container while editing the template policy. However in later version, it is updated to not allow such components without cq:design_dialog node and now in structure view, only components with cq:design_dialog are allowed when editing the template policies. Just check if it is related to this use case.

Thanks!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Kishore_Kumar_,

I have seen that in prior version of AEM 6.4 (eg: AEM 6.4.2), components without cq:design_dialog node are allowed in layout container while editing the template policy. However in later version, it is updated to not allow such components without cq:design_dialog node and now in structure view, only components with cq:design_dialog are allowed when editing the template policies. Just check if it is related to this use case.

Thanks!!

Community Advisor
hi @vanegi may i know the reason behind it please as we don't have cq:design_dialog for most of the components.

Employee
This https://jira.corp.adobe.com/browse/CQ-4283282 is the internal JIRA created with product team for the reasoning. Affected versions are AEM 6.4.6 and later.

Community Advisor
hi @vanegi thanks for replying. May i know the reason please, is it an enhacment or product bug which will be fixed in upcoming SP/CFP? internal jira we can't track i guess.

Employee

@Kishore_Kumar_, It's raised as a bug, internal ID :CQ-4283282. As mentioned, we have filed a JIRA with engineering to know the reasoning, if it is now expected to work like that or a bug in the product. Engineering is verifying the same at their end. If this is identified as a bug, you have the possibility to monitor the inclusion of the fix on the future release notes of the coming versions or service packs on our official online documentation. All resolved issues are listed in those pages (1). You can simply use the documentation search box to retrieve those internal numbers and see if they are included.

[1]:  https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/release-notes/release-notes.html