Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Eclipse AEM plugin - Not allowed to upload DAM assets

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I am running AEM 6.0 and running the latest AEM plugin in Eclipse Kepler. I recently ran into an issue where I imported in an AEM project and I keep getting an exception when I wanted to sync the assets to the repository.  I am running a local author instance.

"Failed exporting: JcrResult[ success:false, exception: org.apache.sling.ide.transport.RepositoryException - javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: Item is protected]"

Here is a screenshot of how it is organized 

This is not an issue I ran into before so I am a bit puzzled. Thanks in advance for any help!

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey Scott,

Thank you for the reply! The vlt command to check in did not work, I got a "Root directory must provide a repository url file" when I went into the appropriate directory <project-name>/ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root directory and tried to run it. Potentially the AEM Eclipse plugin did not create/download it with my imported project.

BUT I got it to work based on your suggestion of using vlt. You set me on the right path so thank you! In the end I used the import command in the above directory.

vlt import -v http://localhost:4502/crx

Each of the files that were giving errors uploaded successfully but had something like the following in the log: [WARN ] Newly created node not found by uuid ../hotwater.png: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: Node with id a56f314e-2219-4def-a296-52ffbe48f2aa does not exist. 

I then tried to 'sync' the project within the Eclipse next and there were no issues. 

Hope my explanation also helps others who have a similar issue :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Try sycn'ing the asset in Eclipse and the JCR using a vlt command- see the article on how to use vlt to sync content from Eclipse and the JCR: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-project-using-eclipse.html

vlt --credentials admin:admin ci

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey Scott,

Thank you for the reply! The vlt command to check in did not work, I got a "Root directory must provide a repository url file" when I went into the appropriate directory <project-name>/ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root directory and tried to run it. Potentially the AEM Eclipse plugin did not create/download it with my imported project.

BUT I got it to work based on your suggestion of using vlt. You set me on the right path so thank you! In the end I used the import command in the above directory.

vlt import -v http://localhost:4502/crx

Each of the files that were giving errors uploaded successfully but had something like the following in the log: [WARN ] Newly created node not found by uuid ../hotwater.png: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: Node with id a56f314e-2219-4def-a296-52ffbe48f2aa does not exist. 

I then tried to 'sync' the project within the Eclipse next and there were no issues. 

Hope my explanation also helps others who have a similar issue :)