Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Eclipse AEM plugin - Not allowed to upload DAM assets

Level 3

Hi everyone,

I am running AEM 6.0 and running the latest AEM plugin in Eclipse Kepler. I recently ran into an issue where I imported in an AEM project and I keep getting an exception when I wanted to sync the assets to the repository.  I am running a local author instance.

"Failed exporting: JcrResult[ success:false, exception: org.apache.sling.ide.transport.RepositoryException - javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: Item is protected]"

Here is a screenshot of how it is organized 

This is not an issue I ran into before so I am a bit puzzled. Thanks in advance for any help!

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey Scott,

Thank you for the reply! The vlt command to check in did not work, I got a "Root directory must provide a repository url file" when I went into the appropriate directory <project-name>/ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root directory and tried to run it. Potentially the AEM Eclipse plugin did not create/download it with my imported project.

BUT I got it to work based on your suggestion of using vlt. You set me on the right path so thank you! In the end I used the import command in the above directory.

vlt import -v http://localhost:4502/crx

Each of the files that were giving errors uploaded successfully but had something like the following in the log: [WARN ] Newly created node not found by uuid ../hotwater.png: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: Node with id a56f314e-2219-4def-a296-52ffbe48f2aa does not exist. 

I then tried to 'sync' the project within the Eclipse next and there were no issues. 

Hope my explanation also helps others who have a similar issue :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Try sycn'ing the asset in Eclipse and the JCR using a vlt command- see the article on how to use vlt to sync content from Eclipse and the JCR: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-project-using-eclipse.html

vlt --credentials admin:admin ci

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hey Scott,

Thank you for the reply! The vlt command to check in did not work, I got a "Root directory must provide a repository url file" when I went into the appropriate directory <project-name>/ui.content/src/main/content/jcr_root directory and tried to run it. Potentially the AEM Eclipse plugin did not create/download it with my imported project.

BUT I got it to work based on your suggestion of using vlt. You set me on the right path so thank you! In the end I used the import command in the above directory.

vlt import -v http://localhost:4502/crx

Each of the files that were giving errors uploaded successfully but had something like the following in the log: [WARN ] Newly created node not found by uuid ../hotwater.png: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException: Node with id a56f314e-2219-4def-a296-52ffbe48f2aa does not exist. 

I then tried to 'sync' the project within the Eclipse next and there were no issues. 

Hope my explanation also helps others who have a similar issue :)