Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

EAEM Edit-In-Fullscreen script causing errors

Level 2

Hi all - I recently implemented the 'fix' for opening the RTE in full-screen mode by default, by following these instructions - http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2016/07/aem-62-touch-ui-rich-text-editor-inplace-editing-open-in-... - but it seems to be causing issues with the 'system' code that loads font styles (and possibly other functionality).

If I edit a Text component (via the 'pencil' icon) without this script in place (then click the Fullscreen icon) I see this:

Blaiirrr_0-1625706319599.png

But when editing a Text component with the fix in place (with the full-screen editor opening automatically) I see this:

Blaiirrr_1-1625706427678.png

Notice the smaller fonts, and JS errors in the console.  Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas why this may be happening - and what to do about it?

AEM v6.5.5.0

4 Replies

Level 6

@Blaiirrr  There may be issue with the rich text dialog structure or rte in-place editing structure.You can double check that . Did you check your AEM logs. Is any error in the logs?  

Thank You.

Keshav

Level 2
Hi @kchaurasiya - I don't see anything in error.log related to editing the Text component. There's only the error in the browser console.

Level 6
@Blaiirrr : Which AEM version are you using... Are you only getting the issue whenever you are editing some text in full screen rgt not the normal screen. Thanks

Level 2
@kchaurasiya - I'm using v6.5.5.0. The Configure (wrench) icon has been disabled/removed so the only way to edit is the Edit (pencil) icon, and since the script in question bypasses the 'normal' editing screen the only option I have is the full-screen editor.