Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

EAEM Edit-In-Fullscreen script causing errors

Level 2

Hi all - I recently implemented the 'fix' for opening the RTE in full-screen mode by default, by following these instructions - http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2016/07/aem-62-touch-ui-rich-text-editor-inplace-editing-open-in-... - but it seems to be causing issues with the 'system' code that loads font styles (and possibly other functionality).

If I edit a Text component (via the 'pencil' icon) without this script in place (then click the Fullscreen icon) I see this:

Blaiirrr_0-1625706319599.png

But when editing a Text component with the fix in place (with the full-screen editor opening automatically) I see this:

Blaiirrr_1-1625706427678.png

Notice the smaller fonts, and JS errors in the console.  Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas why this may be happening - and what to do about it?

AEM v6.5.5.0

4 Replies

Level 6

@Blaiirrr  There may be issue with the rich text dialog structure or rte in-place editing structure.You can double check that . Did you check your AEM logs. Is any error in the logs?  

Thank You.

Keshav

Level 2
Hi @kchaurasiya - I don't see anything in error.log related to editing the Text component. There's only the error in the browser console.

Level 6
@Blaiirrr : Which AEM version are you using... Are you only getting the issue whenever you are editing some text in full screen rgt not the normal screen. Thanks

Level 2
@kchaurasiya - I'm using v6.5.5.0. The Configure (wrench) icon has been disabled/removed so the only way to edit is the Edit (pencil) icon, and since the script in question bypasses the 'normal' editing screen the only option I have is the full-screen editor.