Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Dynamically fetching assignee for workflow task step

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying to create a workflow where I need to create a task and assign it dynamically to a group. I was able to achieve something similar using Dynamic Participant step but that would only send notifications.

The ecma script I used for dynamic participant step doesn't work with the task script. OOB objects like resource, graniteWorkItem, graniteWorkflowSession are all deemed as undefined in case of script used in the task step.

Is there anyway we can achieve this dynamic allocation in task step? Any leads would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Raunak

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can use Java also with dynamic participant/process step to send notification but if you are going to create task then notification would be sent to a single user but that can also be handle to send notification for all the users within group.

Dynamic Participant Step example

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Participant step

Process Step Example

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom AEM workflow steps that send email messages

Creating Task Example

aem63app-repo/SimpleCreateTaskServlet.java at master · arunpatidar02/aem63app-repo · GitHub

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You can use Java also with dynamic participant/process step to send notification but if you are going to create task then notification would be sent to a single user but that can also be handle to send notification for all the users within group.

Dynamic Participant Step example

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a custom Adobe Experience Manager Dynamic Participant step

Process Step Example

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating custom AEM workflow steps that send email messages

Creating Task Example

aem63app-repo/SimpleCreateTaskServlet.java at master · arunpatidar02/aem63app-repo · GitHub

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar