Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic Template : Components fixed at structure level , how do I achieve component reorderable flexibility

Level 2

Hi Team 

In dynamic Template ,we are having Data driven components which we made as react component and fixed it at structure as data rendering component.

As the page loads. per the component fixed at structure level , it renders the div for each of the component.'

Now the ask is can we make these data driven component reorderable. Reorderable flexibility can be at site level or individual page level.

Do we have any solution for this. Please suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Template Structure level components can be managed and orderable only in template structure mode (which is locked at site level).

If you need the same set of components on all pages with reorderable capability, consider moving components in the initial section.

Note: you have to evaluate the pros and cons of having components in structure vs the initial section.

For details please read - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/templates/page-tem... 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Template Structure level components can be managed and orderable only in template structure mode (which is locked at site level).

If you need the same set of components on all pages with reorderable capability, consider moving components in the initial section.

Note: you have to evaluate the pros and cons of having components in structure vs the initial section.

For details please read - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/platform/templates/page-tem... 

Level 2

Hi Mohit ,

Thank you for your quick response, I do have a follow up question.

If we shift the component stick to structure now to Initial Content Level, Will it not impact the already existing pages.

And As I Said these are Data driven -React Component.

ITs just a Empty Div , rest is painted by React. So it does not have a Dialog node hence not a part of sidekick too, and not like usual component which are draggable or droppable 

Employee Advisor

Any new component added in the template initial section, will not be rendered in existing pages. Only new pages will get new components.

I am assuming, you have multiple react components (rendering container divs only), so you can place these components in the initial section and reorder the components.