Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Participant Step that can take in a list of users or groups

Level 2

The OOTB Dynamic participant step takes in a single user or group. It would be great if it can take in a list of users or groups. We have this as a business need. We've tackled it by creating a temporary group for the duration of the workflow that contains the dynamic list of users that will act as reviewers. Once reviewed, the temporary group is deleted. This feels like a workaround. We've tried using a for loop using GoTo which is a no go since the Participant step doesn't auto advance. 

I've seen other posts that mention the need for this too. (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/how-to-get-the-multiple-gr... - We can't use the suggestion mentioned in this post with the Or/And Split, since we need a solution that is completely dynamic, based on the tenant and select content manager groups that can have any number of users.)

This would be a nice feature add to the Dynamic Participant Step. What's the likelihood that Adobe can update this for us? The Dynamic Participant Step just notifies the participants, so does this need to be restricted to one user/group?

If you need to know details of our business need, I can provide it here.

2 Replies

Level 2
Thanks @santhosh_kumark. This was one of the posts I'd already referred to and it mentions the need for multiple participants for the ParticipantStepChooser interface. We decided to go with creating a temporary group (mentioned by bsloki) for the duration of the workflow. We opted against creating overlays/overrides, as we want to avoid that as much as possible.