Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic mega menu with image and multifield from the page properties

Level 3

Hi All,

We have requirement to display  the like page title , image ,image cta and one multifield in the navigation when we hover the tab like below and apart from that we need to display child pages as well.

savi50_0-1637666218414.png

I have given one approach to my client

All the field like image and H3 section multifield should be authored in the page properties and  in the dialog when we authored parent page path then in the naviagtion it will display the child pages as well as content.

does anyone worked on same requirement if yes then what are the steps need to follows

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @savi50 ,

I haven't tried but I guess you have to overlay core Navigation Component and need to add additional fields in below html.

/libs/core/wcm/components/navigation/v1/navigation/itemContent.html

And also i guess you need to extend Navigation Model(com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Navigation) for additional fields if required.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @savi50 ,

I haven't tried but I guess you have to overlay core Navigation Component and need to add additional fields in below html.

And also i guess you need to extend Navigation Model(com.adobe.cq.wcm.core.components.models.Navigation) for additional fields if required.

Level 3

Hi @Kishore_Kumar_ ,

do you know where i get this sling model to extend and one more thing in this html we can able to retrieve title of the child pages only and if we want another field  like image,multifield.