Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic media video component not working in AEM6

Level 2

Hi,

currently, the dynamic media video component is not working in AEM.

We ran the profile tests and all of the outputs were "ok" by FFMPEG. But when draggin the component onto the page and linking the MP4 file (which plays correctly in the DAM) the video does not show, only the controls.

Playback of a video in the "video" component (General section) is working correctly after setting the correct media types via the Edit mode ( has to be done separately after adding the component and assigning the video). 
These videos are playing as they should, but this configuration is not available in dynamic media video. 

Help would be appreciated. 

Regards

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Mario,

For dynamic media video, you do need to configure the Dynamic Media Cloud services. Basically that configuration is necessary for all dynamic video because the configure is sort of the “engine” part that helps generate all the multiple renditions of your original video files. It is different as you pointed out than the Scene7 configuration. You'll need to get that registration ID from customer care directly. I am not sure whether this will fix the problem but it is a missing element. 

Regards,

Alva

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi Mario,

Have you enabled dynamic media? Dynamic media is disabled by default. See http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/integration/dynamic-media/enabling-dynamic-media.ht... for instructions on enabling it. Also, do you have SP1 installed on your instance?

Regards,

Alva

Level 2

Hi smacdonald2008,

Just went trough the docs over at : http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/assets/dynamic-media/delivering-dynamic-media-assets/ad...
but the result stays the same. I've added some screenshots to show the result.
It includes 2 html files to the DOM: 
<script type="text/javascript" src="/etc/dam/viewers/sdk/2.7/js/s7sdk/utils/Utils.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/etc/dam/viewers/isv/prod/html5/js/VideoViewer.js"></script>
But nothing else is rendered. 

Regards,

M.

Level 2

Hi Alva,

Yes, Dynamic Media is enabled and we have SP1 installed...
We ran trough the documentations several times by now, with multiple people and none of them seem to get this dynamic video working. We all end up with the same result: 2 included javascripts where the video should be and no updated view in Design mode. Normally, when we drop the video on the component, it should update and show the viewer, but it just shows the "drop" icon for the component (if you know what I mean...)

Employee

Hi Mario,

I do know what you mean. On my instance of AEM 6.0 with Service Pack 1 and Featurepack 4113 installed, I'm running into a similar issue. When you upload your assets, do they generate a thumbnail image of the video? Do you see renditions when you view the video in the Assets tab? I think at this point, it might make sense to file an issue with customer care.

Some additional things to check: do you have a Dynamic Media Cloud Services configuration running with the Video Service URL defined (if you're using feature pack 4113)? Also, cloud services needs to configured on that page (Page Properties > Cloud Services). Is there a video profile associated with the folder (see http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/content/assets/processing-profiles.html)?

Regards,

Alva

Level 2

Ok Alva, thank you. I'll submit a ticket for this issue.

There are in fact renditions made and thumbnail/preview images, so that works fine. Previewing them also works fine.

But we do not have Cloude services running because - as far as we understand - this is only necessary for Scene7 video component. And we do have a video profile associated with the folder. 

Regards

Mario 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Mario,

For dynamic media video, you do need to configure the Dynamic Media Cloud services. Basically that configuration is necessary for all dynamic video because the configure is sort of the “engine” part that helps generate all the multiple renditions of your original video files. It is different as you pointed out than the Scene7 configuration. You'll need to get that registration ID from customer care directly. I am not sure whether this will fix the problem but it is a missing element. 

Regards,

Alva