Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Media Scene7 URL

Community Advisor

Hi,

I configured Dynamic media in scene7 mode and it is working as expected. I am using an OOTB dynamic media component for adding dynamic media. If I view it as published mode then I can easily find that URL by inspecting the HTML. I want to know what is the location of that URL in CrxDe?. In which node it is getting saved? So that I can read that path in my sling model.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mayur,

Welcome to AEM Community !!

You won't be able to locate the complete Dynamic Media Classic / Scene 7 URL, but on CRXDE view, under the image's jcr:content node -> under metadata, you will see a property named as "Scene7domain"

Once you have the domain name, you will be able to create the complete URL.

Note : URL structure is https://<domainname>/is/image/<companyname>/assetname
Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mayur,

Welcome to AEM Community !!

You won't be able to locate the complete Dynamic Media Classic / Scene 7 URL, but on CRXDE view, under the image's jcr:content node -> under metadata, you will see a property named as "Scene7domain"

Once you have the domain name, you will be able to create the complete URL.

Note : URL structure is https://<domainname>/is/image/<companyname>/assetname
Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Community Advisor

Hi @Vikram_Gaur_ ,

Thanks, But the thing is your approach will give a normal image path but what if we have added any filter to it?

With the mentioned approach, we can generate a dynamic URL by fetching the asset name 

cool-wallpaper-1

But what if it has filters added ?

cool-wallpaper-1?qlt=82&wid=1280&$whitebg$

how I can fetch the rest of the part?

Employee Advisor

Hi Mayur,

If you have added filter to the asset name, you might have done it on an Image Preset. (Tools -> Assets -> Image Presets)

That Image presets is actually Dynamic Media Rendition.

Viewing the "Renditions" section of the Image, you will see Dynamic Media rendition and if you choose it and click on "View URL", you will see the complete Scene 7 URL.

In case, you have added filter via a custom process, information about the custom process will be required.

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Community Advisor

Hi Vikram, 
is it possible to modify this structure?
For example:  https://<domainname>/is/image/<companyname>/metadata
as long as the metadata in question is unique like a fingerprint of course?
For example: jcr:content/metadata/dam:sha1

Community Advisor

Hi,

We can find the image AEM path in Dynamic Media (replace the account with /content/dam) by selecting the image.

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 8.31.44 AM.png

Or we can add the crx/de image path to the component within data attribute so that it can be easily accessible without going to Dynamic Media Scene 7 server.