Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Dynamic Media Presets -- Rights required for creating and editing

Level 1

I want to grant some users rights to create/edit/replicate Dynamic Media presets.  I checked the documentation and couldn't find anything specific to Dynamic Media rights. I would prefer to use an OOTB group and tried to find one, but no luck.  I did try out DAM Users and Authors on a clean install of 6.5.6 (we are using 6.5.5 w/ dynamicmedia_scene7 runmode) and that wasn't the answer.  Is there OOTB group and if not, what rights are needed by users to perform the DM preset tasks.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you check if this help

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/dynamic/managing-viewer-presets...

Be aware that editing any predefined, out-of-the-box viewer presets is not a supported scenario. If you edit an out-of-the-box viewer preset, you are prompted to save it with a new name.

To edit Dynamic Media viewer presets:

1. In the upper-left corner of AEM, tap the AEM logo, then in the left rail, tap Tools > Assets > Viewer Presets.

2. Select a preset by checking the box to the left of the viewer preset title.

3. On the toolbar, tap Edit.

4. On the Edit Viewer Preset page make the changes you want to the viewer preset.

5. Do one of the following:

• Tap Save to save your changes and return to the Viewer Preset page.
    • Tap Cancel to void any changes you made and return to the Viewer Preset page.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can you check if this help

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/dynamic/managing-viewer-presets...

Be aware that editing any predefined, out-of-the-box viewer presets is not a supported scenario. If you edit an out-of-the-box viewer preset, you are prompted to save it with a new name.

To edit Dynamic Media viewer presets:

1. In the upper-left corner of AEM, tap the AEM logo, then in the left rail, tap Tools > Assets > Viewer Presets.

2. Select a preset by checking the box to the left of the viewer preset title.

3. On the toolbar, tap Edit.

4. On the Edit Viewer Preset page make the changes you want to the viewer preset.

5. Do one of the following:

• Tap Save to save your changes and return to the Viewer Preset page.
    • Tap Cancel to void any changes you made and return to the Viewer Preset page.

Arun Patidar