Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic Media migration from Hybrid to Scene7 mode

Level 1

Hi everyone,

Currently we are working on migration from Dynamic Media Hybrid to Dynamic Media Scene7 mode. At this moment we have a clone of our production author that is configured to use a new Dynamic Media Scene7 mode server and we already published all our assets to Dynamic Media Scene7 Cloud server from this clone.

Now we are looking for a way to set up a production environment to start using the Dynamic Media Scene7 mode. We can't just replace production environment with the clone environment, since clone environment is up to date only from point of view of assets and it is missing all other data that was generated on production environment because this clone was created a long time ago.

I noticed, that assets in AEM that were published to Dynamic Media contain additional metadata properties like dam:scene7Namedam:scene7Folderdam:scene7File and etc. What if we just pool these metadata properties to our production assets? Will this work?

I found the next services from Adobe for doing this job:

Search asset in Dynamic Media Scene7 Cloud server by filename (server returns Scene7Asset that contains all needed metadata):

https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/6-4/javadoc/com/day/cq/dam/scene7/api/Scene7Service.html#searchAssetsByFilename-java.lang.String-java.lang.Boolean-java.lang.Boolean-java.lang.String-com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.S7Config-

Set metadata properties to the AEM asset (add these properties to the JCR):

https://developer.adobe.com/experience-manager/reference-materials/cloud-service/javadoc/com/day/cq/dam/scene7/api/Scene7FileMetadataService.html#setAssetMetadataOnSync(com.day.cq.dam.api.Asset,com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.model.Scene7Asset,com.day.cq.dam.scene7.api.S7Config,java.lang.String

Based on these two services I've created an AEM workflow that is working in a next way. It iterates over all assets under the /content/dam and for each asset trying to get data from Dynamic Media Scene7 Cloud and if asset is presented, workflow updates asset metadata in JCR with scene7 properties (dam:scene7Namedam:scene7Folderdam:scene7File and etc). Now my plan is to configure Dynamic Media Scene7 mode on production and run this workflow to pull scene7 properties on assets.

Will this solution work or I'm missing something? Or maybe Adobe have another recommended tool to sync back assets from the Cloud server to AEM JCR?

Appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

Oleksii

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Oleksii-1 welcome to Adobe AEM communities and I see your guys are doing great way of Asset Scene7 integration.. May I know if you are using AEM on-premise or AMS or AEM cloud and also number of assets you have in your system and appropriate size of it?

Few options on top of my head to try:

Metadata export import

If have options of shared S3, go with binarylese replication agent and publish all assets from cloned author to prod author

Ruling out resyncing of assets from prod author as expecting you will be using same scene7 config and it may create duplicate assets in Scene7 servers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Oleksii-1 welcome to Adobe AEM communities and I see your guys are doing great way of Asset Scene7 integration.. May I know if you are using AEM on-premise or AMS or AEM cloud and also number of assets you have in your system and appropriate size of it?

Few options on top of my head to try:

Metadata export import

If have options of shared S3, go with binarylese replication agent and publish all assets from cloned author to prod author

Ruling out resyncing of assets from prod author as expecting you will be using same scene7 config and it may create duplicate assets in Scene7 servers.