Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Dynamic Media import assets with a -1 in filename

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask you why during the import of some assets from AEM to Dynamic Media it happens randomly that a "-1" is automatically added at the end of file name on DM.

I've already checked and there aren't duplicate of same asset.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can check there are no existing assets in DM with the same filename,Before initiating the sync process, . The addition of "-1" often occurs when there is a naming conflict, and the system appends a suffix to differentiate between assets.

I will suggest you to go with a smaller subset of assets to isolate the issue. This can help you identify whether the problem is specific to certain types of assets or a more general configuration issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @dlerario ,

If it is for some assets, then it is worth checking those assets in the Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app because all the assets you sync will be available there.

Level 1

Hi @MayurSatav,

yes it's what i've done. it's in the desktop app that i've seen this "-1" for some asset synched, and I couldn't find any information on why the filename was changed during DM synchronization.

Massive uploads occur over time and, although this happens for 1% of the synchronized assets, I would like to avoid this situation.

It's not possible for me to check them one by one because we are talking about more than 10,000 assets.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can check there are no existing assets in DM with the same filename,Before initiating the sync process, . The addition of "-1" often occurs when there is a naming conflict, and the system appends a suffix to differentiate between assets.

I will suggest you to go with a smaller subset of assets to isolate the issue. This can help you identify whether the problem is specific to certain types of assets or a more general configuration issue.

Community Advisor

@dlerario 

This generally happens when DM already has an asset with same name. So, the suffixes -1 etc help them differentiate. 

Could you possibly cross-check following?

• Do you have duplicate assets ( assets with same name under different folders)?
  • Do you have localized assets (en and fr having images with same name)?
    • If yes, do you need separate copies of en/fr in DM? If no, Adobe has a specific way to deal with it. I don't remember the details, but you can raise an Adobe ticket and check

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@dlerario Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni