Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic Media Configuration isnt working on cloud enviroment

Level 3

We are having trouble with configuring dynamic media on cloud.

In local enviroment the dynamic media configuration works fine, but on cloud it is not generating some folders and its always showing this error when placing image/video in dynamic media component:

"No preview server defined for root ID referenced in net path".

We deleted dynamic media configuration on cloud from AEM / Tools / Cloud Services / Dynamic Media Configuration / global and then created it all over again but it is not generating viewer folder(/conf/global/settings/dam/dm/presets/viewer) as well as _css and _dmsample folders.

One more difference that i noticed when comparing local dynamic media config and cloud dynamic media config was the difference in /conf/global/settings/cloudconfigs/dmscene7/jcr:content. On local we have a previewServerToken property and on cloud we dont have that.

Hope you are all doing well and any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Luka

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Our Index was causing this problem. We had to remove the index. Its working now.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor
Secure Preview ServerLets you specify the URL path to your secure renditions preview server. That is, after renditions are generated, Experience Manager as a Cloud Service can securely access and preview the remote Dynamic Media renditions (no binaries are sent back to the Experience Manager as a Cloud Service instance).
Unless you have a special arrangement to use your own company’s server or a special server, Adobe recommends that you leave this setting as specified.

Refer 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/assets/dynamicmedia...

Himanshu Jain

Level 3

Thanks for response.

Secure preview server is already set and is working in local, but on cloud it isnt working.

Community Advisor

In Cloud kindly check preview server URL from your instance .

Himanshu Jain

Level 3

Thanks for reply,

I have already tried that, it is set to Europe.

Level 3

Hello @Bimmi_Soi ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already checked that thread and the configuration that we have is correct. I don't know how its working in local and not on cloud. 

Correct answer by
Level 3

Our Index was causing this problem. We had to remove the index. Its working now.

Level 3

hey @luka2 do you remember what was the issue? i mean what was the changes you did? i have the same issue