Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Duplicate page for locale pages while using sling:alias property

Level 2

We have locale specific pages and we are using sling:alias property to have language specific page name . But the problem is both the urls are publicly accessible : 1) with sling:alias name 2) with original page name.

Example :

page is /content/brand/de/home.html

-> This home page node has been set a sling:alias property of "zuhause"

Ideally end user should be seeing the page URL : /content/brand/de/zuhause.html

But currently both the urls are serving the content : /content/brand/de/home.html  and /content/brand/de/zuhause.html

How to block the original page url and serve only the locale specific (with sling:alias) url  ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Well, technically it's just an alias, so both ways are ok to use.

If I understand you correctly, you would like to have the page available only via it's alias, not with it's "real" name. You could implement a request filter, which checks if the requested resource is requested via it's real name and then do a redirect to its alias'ed name (or just return a 404 ...). Shouldn't be a big problem to implement that. And of course adapting the linkrewriter to only use the alias when building links.

On the other hand it find it always quite useful if I can just take the URL in the browser and look up that name in the content tree (CRXDE); that's getting harder if you only use aliases.

Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can block/redirect url either by server redirect or AEM sling:mapping.

You may also be interested to check URL Rewriting section at below:

SEO and URL Management Best Practices

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Well, technically it's just an alias, so both ways are ok to use.

If I understand you correctly, you would like to have the page available only via it's alias, not with it's "real" name. You could implement a request filter, which checks if the requested resource is requested via it's real name and then do a redirect to its alias'ed name (or just return a 404 ...). Shouldn't be a big problem to implement that. And of course adapting the linkrewriter to only use the alias when building links.

On the other hand it find it always quite useful if I can just take the URL in the browser and look up that name in the content tree (CRXDE); that's getting harder if you only use aliases.

Jörg

Level 2

Thanks Jörg !

I tried implementing a Custom Filter to achieve this functionality , but I am facing an issue : Request and Response objects are of type org.apache.sling.i18n.impl.I18NFilter$I18NSlingHttpServletRequest and they can not be cast to SlingHttpServletRequest and this request type is not an instance of SlingHttpServletRequest.

I tried ranking this custom filter higher than the CQ i18n filter but that is not helping.

@Service(Servlet.class)

@SlingFilter(

label = "Custom Redirect Filter",

description = "Custom Utility Redirect Filter",

metatype = false,

generateComponent = true,

generateService = true,

order = 100,

scope = SlingFilterScope.REQUEST)

public class CustomRedirectFilter implements Filter {

private static final org.slf4j.Logger log = LoggerFactory.getLogger(CustomRedirectFilter.class.getName());

@Override

public void init(FilterConfig filterConfig) throws ServletException {

}

@Override

public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response, FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {

if (!(request instanceof SlingHttpServletRequest)) {

chain.doFilter(request, response);

return;

}

log.info("============================================================");

log.info("Inside custom redirect filter");

log.info("============================================================");

final SlingHttpServletResponse slingResponse = (SlingHttpServletResponse) response;

final SlingHttpServletRequest slingRequest = (SlingHttpServletRequest) request;

final Resource resource = slingRequest.getResource();

if(resource.getResourceType().equals("cq:Page"))

{

PageManager pageManager =  resource.getResourceResolver().adaptTo(PageManager.class);

Page page = pageManager.getPage(resource.getPath());

String templatePath =  page.getContentResource().getValueMap().get("cq:template").toString();

if(templatePath.equals("/apps/custom/test-com/templates/default"))

{

slingResponse.setStatus(HttpServletResponse.SC_OK);

slingResponse.setHeader("Location", "/content/test-com/en/error-404.html");

slingResponse.setHeader("Connection", "close");

return;

}

}

chain.doFilter(slingRequest, slingResponse);

}

@Override

public void destroy() {

}

}

Employee Advisor

The request and response object are inheriting from HttpServletRequestWrapper and HttpServletResponseWrapper which have a getResource() method.

Check:

sling-org-apache-sling-i18n/I18NFilter.java at 5db7d6143e16e6a9da27ccbb6c71165b0ea7f5e8 · apache/sli...