Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

does hobbes js used in aem 6.5 for testing or we prefer selenium?

Level 2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

To test a component with Hobbes.js, define a test case with actions and assertions, set up the test scenario, and run the test using hobbes.runTest.

Example:

hobbes.testCase('MyComponent Test', function (browser, done) {
// Test scenario setup
browser.find('.my-component').click();

// Assertions
browser.assert.elementPresent('.my-component .title');
browser.assert.containsText('.my-component .title', 'Hello, World!');

// Run the test
browser.runTest(done);
});

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

Hobbes.js and Selenium are both commonly used for testing in AEM 6.5, but they serve different purposes and have different features.

Hobbes.js is a JavaScript-based testing framework specifically designed for AEM. It provides a set of utilities and APIs that make it easier to write tests for AEM components and features. On the other hand, Selenium is a widely-used testing framework for web applications in general, including AEM.

If you are primarily testing AEM components and features, and want a framework that is tailored for AEM, Hobbes.js can be a good choice

Level 2

Hi @ManviSharma ,

Can you explain a bit more about hobbes js and how its used to test a component using an example in aem?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

To test a component with Hobbes.js, define a test case with actions and assertions, set up the test scenario, and run the test using hobbes.runTest.

Example:

hobbes.testCase('MyComponent Test', function (browser, done) {
// Test scenario setup
browser.find('.my-component').click();

// Assertions
browser.assert.elementPresent('.my-component .title');
browser.assert.containsText('.my-component .title', 'Hello, World!');

// Run the test
browser.runTest(done);
});

Community Advisor

@chiragtakkar5The Hobbes.js framework comes with AEM, it doesn’t require additional license to use it. But noted that in AEM 6.5, Adobe’s deprecated Hobbes.js, and recommends customers to Selenium automation.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/release-notes/deprecated-removed-featu...

Bhuwan_B_0-1686051212284.png