Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dispatcher flush is configure in all AEM publish instance multiple times

Level 1

I am trying to set up the dispatcher flush on publish agent from the AEM Author instance. I have multiple publish instances so for the same, have to define a dispatcher flush against all publish instances. 

Suppose, I am having 2 publish instances and accordingly I have set up 2 dispatchers for each publish instance. In the same way, need to set up the dispatcher flush agent to invalidate the cache for each dispatcher.

I have set up the dispatcher flush agent from the Author instance from the "Publish to Agent" from the replication section. After activating the flush agent, it shows 2 dispatchers flush agents on both publish instances. So when we publish the page then it sends 4 requests to invalidate the cache. But It should be 2 requests only. 

Can anyone suggest how can we resolve this scenario?

Thanks  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can't you disable Dispatcher Flush Agent 2 in Publish Instance 1  and Dispatcher Flush Agent 1 in Publish Instance 2 directly? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Ideally if you have 4 publisher and 4 dispatcher then you should configure flush agent on each publisher to respective dispatcher. It should not be from author because it will create Race condition. this way it will be safer for cached content, whichever the publisher get replicated content, will trigger the flush agent for respective dispatcher.

If you have 4 publisher and 2 dispatcher, you can create flush agent from any of the two category publisher.

but I would say don't use from Author.

I am not sure why you are publishing FLush agent from author to publisher?

Hope this helps.

Umesh Thakur

Level 1

Thanks Umesh

Actually, I have some restrictions to accessing the publish instance. that's why set up the dispatcher from the author instance. And Even in future, if we have any updation in the setting then I can update directly from the Author's "Publish to agent" and don't need to go publish instance.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Can't you disable Dispatcher Flush Agent 2 in Publish Instance 1  and Dispatcher Flush Agent 1 in Publish Instance 2 directly?