Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dispatcher Error Validating symlink on Pipeline

Level 2

Hey guys I did a change in the synlinks on conf.d/enabled_vhosts

adding a file, I tried first in windows but than as I received a fail because I was generating the file from Windows I then tried generating the file from a linux machine but I keep receiving the same error.

You can see the error down bellow:

+ echo 'opt-in USE_SOURCES_DIRECTLY marker file detected'
+ [[ 1 -eq 0 ]]
+ /usr/bin/dispatcher-configuration-validator full -relaxed -d /tmp/dispatcher/configuration/publish /tmp/dispatcher/unzippedConfiguration
Cloud manager validator 2.0.47
2023/04/26 14:19:00 The following errors were found in the httpd config:
/tmp/dispatcher/unzippedConfiguration/conf.d/enabled_vhosts/002_custom_publish.vhost: appears to be a windows (pseudo) symlink but this OS does not support these. Please commit a correct symlink: ../available_vhosts/002_custom_publish.vhost
2023/04/26 14:19:00 Dispatcher configuration validation failed:
/tmp/dispatcher/unzippedConfiguration/conf.d/enabled_vhosts/002_custom_publish.vhost: appears to be a windows (pseudo) symlink but this OS does not support these. Please commit a correct symlink: ../available_vhosts/002_custom_publish.vhost
The command '/bin/sh -c AZCOPY="/usr/bin/azcopy" VALIDATOR_BINARY="/usr/bin/dispatcher-configuration-validator" HTTPD_BINARY="/usr/sbin/httpd" DISPATCHER_CONFIGURATION_LOCATION=$dispatcherConfigurationLocation DISPATCHER_CONFIGURATION_DESTINATION=$dispatcherConfigurationDestination DISPATCHER_IMAGE=$dispatcherImage RUN_MODE=$runmode ./validateDispatcherConfiguration.sh' returned a non-zero code: 2
2023/04/26 14:19:01 Container failed during run: validate-dispatcher. No retries remaining.
failed to run step ID: validate-dispatcher: exit status 2

Run ID: ca3p9pu failed after 24s. Error: failed during run, err: exit status 1

Please let me know if you ever faced that and how to proceed.

3 Replies

Hey @arunpatidar I have tried those, I even tried creating the synlinks from a Ubuntu Machine and I still receive the errors.

Level 4

I will suggest to avoid this issue in the future, please set up a local dispatcher and use the below command to validate before pushing your code to the cloud.

go to dispatcher folder

command : -    rm -rf ./out && ./bin/validator full -relaxed -d ./out ./src