Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Disabling Auto-Save Behavior in Author Instance

Level 2

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to disable auto-save behavior in design mode and provide the author with a Save button instead?

Thanks in advance!

Juan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

To my knowledge there is no auto-save behavior anywhere is AEM/CQ. In design mode if you open a dialog for a individual component you get save buttons at the individual component level. 

Are looking for the ability to edit the design of multiple components and then hit a single save button for all the changes you made?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

To my knowledge there is no auto-save behavior anywhere is AEM/CQ. In design mode if you open a dialog for a individual component you get save buttons at the individual component level. 

Are looking for the ability to edit the design of multiple components and then hit a single save button for all the changes you made?

Level 2

orotas wrote...

Thanks Orotas!

Yes, I'm looking for that and also i.e. to allow the author to drop a component to the page and not save this addition till "Save" button is hit by him.

Level 8

That isn't possible in AEM/CQ. In the current version there is support for an undo feature, but there is now way to do save at the page level.