Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Diffrence between package installation(manual) vs Package replication

Adobe Champion

Hi

Just curious to understand what is the diffrence between these two terms Package installation(synchoronous? ) vs package replication(asynchronous?)

If the package is replicating asynchornous ,any clue on how the content writting is happening in the JCR or which part is made asynchoronous while replicating ?

Any light on these will be more helpful in understanding the functionality better.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It is all depends upon which part of JCR you are activating using tree activation.

Very Simple:

Package Installation: If you want to install package then you can use package manager /crx/de/packMgr.

Tree Activation: If you want to replicate the content in bulk(all parts of JCR) to publish instance - Then you can use Tree activation.

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Packages are installed via Package Manager. They are not replicated. I am not sure where you got that idea. Read this for more information.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Packaging Adobe Experience Manager 6 applications

Adobe Champion

Hi Mac

The one i am trying to understand is the diffrence in activating a page(tree activation) vs package replication.

My understanding is the tree activation is a synchrounous in action where package replication is asynchrounous in action.

My question here is asynchronous action is on which part of the process in package replication. Is it with writing to the JCR nodes or queueing for installation?

Hope it clears my question

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

It is all depends upon which part of JCR you are activating using tree activation.

Very Simple:

Package Installation: If you want to install package then you can use package manager /crx/de/packMgr.

Tree Activation: If you want to replicate the content in bulk(all parts of JCR) to publish instance - Then you can use Tree activation.

Hope this helps!!

~Ratna.

Employee Advisor

In what context have you found these terms? Can you point us to any URL?

regards,

Jörg