Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Different policy for the same component in same container

Level 2

Is it possible to allow editors of pages to select for a given component which policies for the component should be applied?

Instead of defining this on a template level I want to allow editors to choose the correct policy themselves on a page level.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

HI @Tylopilus 

It is not possible to allow two different policies at the same time in the same template page for a same component.

Arun Patidar

Level 2

So my only option is to create an additional component and apply the policy for that component? That's a bummer. 

Community Advisor

@Tylopilus you don't need to create another component, instead you can have them segregated in Groups in the same policy so that authors apply them accordingly on the pages based on their need.

Hope this helps,

Krishna

Level 2

@krishna_sai 

Can you elaborate what you mean by `segregated in groups in the same policy` ?

Lets keep it simple and lets say we make use of the image component.

I, as an Editor can add the Image component on the page and the policy defined on a template level applies. But now I need to place an image on the same page that needs to have different sizes defined so a different policy is needed. How would I do this by `segregating in groups` ?

Community Advisor

@Tylopilus  You can create different groups in the policy as shown in the below screenshot for example.

krishna_sai_1-1680183308380.png

On page authors can choose what they want to apply

krishna_sai_2-1680183377035.png

Level 2

@krishna_sai yes these are styling groups. In your terms I was talking about `selecting a different set of available styles based on policies`. Maybe this helps understanding my issue.