Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Differences between previous state and current state when an item is sent to me via a Workflow?

Level 1

Hi all,

I feel really dumb asking this question (i.e. why can't I figure it out or why can't I find some mention of it online?) but how can I tell the differences between the previous state and the current state of a page I'm sent an approval notice via a Workflow? Is this just not built in or even possible to extend to create this functionality?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Basically, when an item is sent for review via workflow, approvers will hit the page, they can use 'diff' option from the sidekick see the changes. Now go back to workflow and approve or disapprove the changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Are you talking about looking at the payload at different parts of a the  workflow. If so -- you can code that using this API within a custom step.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/javadoc/com/day/cq/workflow/exec/WorkItem.html

Then you can get all the information that you want about the payload. For example - you can call the  getWorkflowData() method.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Basically, when an item is sent for review via workflow, approvers will hit the page, they can use 'diff' option from the sidekick see the changes. Now go back to workflow and approve or disapprove the changes.