Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difference btn coralui and coralui2?

Level 2

Hello,

Would someone please help me understand the difference between coralui and coralui2?

In AEM6, they are installed here:

/etc/clientlibs/granite/coralui

/etc/clientlibs/granite/coralui2

I'm trying to customize the default console page and the AEM6 by default loads only coralui2. Is coralui2 simply a version 2 of coralui or any other difference?

If it's version 2, is the following style guide for version 2 or 1?

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/touch-ui/coral-ui/

Thanks for your help in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi GW,

As you guessed it is new version with lot of additional features & unfortunately coral2 is not compatible with coral1. Hence you see both version because aem is compatible with orevious versions. you won’t be able to load both version of coral on the same page.  If the page you are customizing say coral2 then you need to use the same.

The document link you are referring is version one as you can see at top corner of the page.  Document of v2 is ready & not sure release plan. File a support request to validate & get a copy.

Thanks,
Sham
Twitter: @adobe_sham

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi GW,

As you guessed it is new version with lot of additional features & unfortunately coral2 is not compatible with coral1. Hence you see both version because aem is compatible with orevious versions. you won’t be able to load both version of coral on the same page.  If the page you are customizing say coral2 then you need to use the same.

The document link you are referring is version one as you can see at top corner of the page.  Document of v2 is ready & not sure release plan. File a support request to validate & get a copy.

Thanks,
Sham
Twitter: @adobe_sham

Level 2

Thanks for clarifying, Sham.  I was comparing both versions and they looked quite different, so I thought some classes such as 'dropdown' is missing in coralui2. However, it is now changed to 'coral-Select'. I will use only coralui2 from now on.  Thanks!