Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Difference between experience and teaser in Personalization.

Level 4

Hi All,

I am new in AEM and started to work on personalization and stucked at one place like we have 2 different options to work on AEM campaigns

First one where we can create the experience under the campaign and teaser inside the experience and we can apply the segment rule at experience level only.

Second one where we can use the teaser page inside the campaign directly and apply the segmentation rule at teaser page only.

Now i am confused in what type of scenarios we can use which one.  Can someone please explain his in detail.

Thanks for help in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

It depends on the campaign structure. If all are under a single campaign, use teasers and campaign path would be used to resolve these. If they are spread across different campaigns, use "experience". Instead of "campaign path", "location" in teaser component is used to resolve experiences.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

It depends on the campaign structure. If all are under a single campaign, use teasers and campaign path would be used to resolve these. If they are spread across different campaigns, use "experience". Instead of "campaign path", "location" in teaser component is used to resolve experiences.

Level 4

Can you please elaborate this answer more or please provide some existing geometrixx example as well to understand this.

Level 7

Sure.. I have created a package with 2 teaser components - one using teaser and other one with experience. Here is the link:

experience-campaign.zip - Google Drive

Check page : http://localhost:4502/cf#/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/men/coats/edmonton-winter.html

- In first component, I have using campaign path(/content/campaigns/geometrixx-outdoors/color), so it looks for all resolved teasers under this path and renders the one according to chosen strategy.

- In second one, I have used location(article), so it looks for all resolved experiences and then looks for teasers under the experience that match the authored "location"

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 5.08.50 PM.png

Hope this clarifies..