Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

dialog.xml seemingly not overwritten in package install

B_Stockwell
Level 5
Level 5

I have aa package automatically generated from a git package (by bamboo, waiting on changes) that contains a dialog file at /ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/uc-base/components/eapis/ecurriculum/dialog.xml which doesn't get overwritten.

My filter.xml is defined as this: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <workspaceFilter version="1.0"> <filter root="/apps/cq/gui/components/siteadmin/admin/listview/coral/analytics/analyticscell/" /> <filter root="/apps/uc-base" mode="replace"> <exclude pattern="/apps/uc-base/install" /> </filter> <filter root="/apps/foundation" /> <filter root="/apps/granite/ui" /> <filter root="/apps/wcm/foundation/components" /> <filter root="/conf/uc-base" /> <filter root="/etc/designs/uc-base" mode="replace"/> <filter root="/etc/clientlibs/uc-base" mode="replace"/> </workspaceFilter>

This package is installed using maven, however, the same thig happens when I deploy manually from the package manager. As you can see--i have set mode="replace" on the /apps/uc-base tree.

When I work on this dialog in brackets, I'm able to deploy changes to my localhost ok.

My maven commands are

build: mvn --batch-mode -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/AEB-CORE0-JOB1 clean -Pbuild content-package:package compile generate-resources

deploy: mvn -pl ui.apps -Pdevelopment content-package:install

Here is the dialog on a public repo that has the develop branch of my project: https://github.com/scrupulo/cqaembase/blob/master/ui.apps/src/main/content/jcr_root/apps/uc-base/com...

1 Accepted Solution
MC_Stuff
Correct answer by
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Stockwell,

The activity logs at each folder as "-"  that means no change compared to content in package. 

Can you remove exclude filter and see replace works.  In any case this looks bug for me. Please try with latest vault and package manager hotfix Or engage with official support channel. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Replies
MC_Stuff
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Stockwell,

There should be an error. Can you enable debug on vault package and verify the logs.

Thanks,

B_Stockwell
Level 5
Level 5

Originally, there where errors with my files at /etc and /etc/designs but I fixed that and it's not showing anything now.

For the fixed versions, here are links for the activity log output from the package manager and log file for the install:

activity stream:
https://gist.github.com/scrupulo/8812ef6d3d990da31a7470748b216d5f 

and the log file:

https://gist.github.com/scrupulo/aac87f40b9a0d4edc50c2c49965467db

B_Stockwell
Level 5
Level 5

I renamed the node at 

/apps/uc-base/components/eapis/ecurriculum/dialog/items/items/_1_getdata/items/selection/items/searchpanel/items/button

to "btn" and I ended up with the new node being created, and the old node being left in the same location.

That seems like merge behavior, but I have replace set on the parent filter config, so I'm not sure what's happening.

MC_Stuff
Correct answer by
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Stockwell,

The activity logs at each folder as "-"  that means no change compared to content in package. 

Can you remove exclude filter and see replace works.  In any case this looks bug for me. Please try with latest vault and package manager hotfix Or engage with official support channel. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post