Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

asset should be stored first to a temporary location before uploading to dam using dam update workflow

Level 4

My Requirement: I want to scan the asset before uploading to DAM. So, when i upload any asset it should be stored to temporary location(somewhere in hard-disk) so that i can send that file for scanning.

Am handling this via Dam Update Workflow

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When the workflow is started, the asset is already stored in the repository. So you need to consider the way the asset upload is performed. Starting with AEM 6.3 the file isn't streamed to a tempfile anymore but directly to the repo. But even in earlier versions the tempfile is an implementation detail, and you cannot use it to scan it.

If you want to scan all assets before uploading, you need to define a mandatory upload feature and disallow the out-of-the-box feature of uploading files via browser.

Jörg

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

When the workflow is started, the asset is already stored in the repository. So you need to consider the way the asset upload is performed. Starting with AEM 6.3 the file isn't streamed to a tempfile anymore but directly to the repo. But even in earlier versions the tempfile is an implementation detail, and you cannot use it to scan it.

If you want to scan all assets before uploading, you need to define a mandatory upload feature and disallow the out-of-the-box feature of uploading files via browser.

Jörg