Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Developing a Connector to AEM as Cloud Service to work with Assets

Level 2

Hello,

I'm trying to build an integration with AEM that allows managing assets, preferably via Assets HTTP API. I want to develop a Java-based connector that will be installed by my clients in their AEM as Cloud Service instances and this connector should help to receive an access token, so I can work with Assets HTTP API, or it should help to download/upload assets and work as a proxy between AEM Assets and my 3rd party application.
In what direction should I go to create a connector like this? Any examples, tutorials will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Employee Advisor

Hi Alex,

I am not entirely sure what you want to build. Is it an application running outside of AEM or within AEM? 

Level 2

I would prefer an application running outside of AEM, but the member of Adobe Exchange Partner Support Center told me that those applications cannot work without service credentials with AEM as Cloud Service. So, I need somehow to get an access token or anything to work with Assets API, but I cannot ask the user to give me service credentials.

Employee Advisor

In that case you should deal with IMS authentication. The basic steps should be identical to the ones documented at https://medium.com/adobetech/setting-up-adobe-i-o-cli-for-cloud-manager-8820f47e3c94

But in that case you need to find out how your connector will authenticate with AEM/IMS. Will you use a technical account or does your connector always work in the context of a specific user (personal account, either using Enterprise ID or Adobe ID).

Maybe the people in the Adobe IO Cloud Extensability community (https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/) can help you further. Also I would ask in Adobe's Partner Support organisation for help to find the right spot to ask your questions. Because that topic isn't really specific to AEM itself.