Expand my Community achievements bar.

'Design' option missing from newly created pages.

Level 4

Hi All,

We recently moved from on-prem to SaaS environment for AEM and I have noticed the 'design' option is missing from any newly created pages in the authoring screen. 

I thought it might be permissions but I have given myself /etc/designs with modify access... and even before this any of the pages that came in the migration all still have the 'design' option available it is only newly created pages that it does not appear on.

Any help with understanding what might be causing this would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Level 2

Hello @RooRue 

As per my understanding, "Design" mode is available only for pages created via Static templates.

• Are you creating the new pages using the same templates as the migrated content?
  • If the designPath configured in the hierarchy of these pages?

Level 4

Hi @aanchalsikka ,

The new pages I am making are using the same template as the migrated pages.

Is there a clear way I can check if the designpath is configured in the hierarchy? 

Level 4

I actually did realise a dfiference in the design path on the new and old pages. the old using etc/design and the new using /apps/settings/wcm/designs. I tried setting an ACE permission for the /apps/settings/wcm/designs path but it does not save/apply once i confirm it I don't know if I am missing something. 

Level 2

@Roo In case its an AEM as a Cloud Service instance, you would not be able to set permissions on a running instance on immutable areas.

/apps and /libs are considered immutable areas of AEM as they cannot be changed (create, update, delete) after AEM starts (i.e. at runtime). Any attempt to change an immutable area at runtime will fail.