Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Design Mode in Touch UI

Level 2

Hi everybody,

we are looking for a solution to hide the Design Mode Link in the touch UI if users don't have the permissions to enter this mode.

This mode is hidden from sidekick in the classic UI, but it is visible in touch UI. 

Without design permissions (only read on /etc/designs/*), it is still possible to enter this mode, to select components for the parsys for example but it isn't possible to save.

Does anybody know how to solve this behavior? Is that a bug in the touch UI?

Thank you in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes - that looks like a bug in the Touch UI - if the user does not have permissions - then the edit button is be disabled. File a ticket for this. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

That should be show up if the user logged in does not have permission to edit the content. 

Level 2

I think my question wasn't clear enough:

• My test user has no write permissions under /etc/designs 
  • In touch UI, he can see an switch to design mode, can change parameters but don't save them (that's correct, he has no permissions to do it!)
  • In classic UI, he cannot switch to design mode, the button is missing in sidekick. (Correct behavior)

So, the question is, why does he can switch to design mode if he hasn't permissions to do it? Is that a bug in the touch UI?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes - that looks like a bug in the Touch UI - if the user does not have permissions - then the edit button is be disabled. File a ticket for this.