Expand my Community achievements bar.

Design Considerations for REST APIs in AEM Applications | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Design Considerations for REST APIs in AEM Applications by Eddie Yao

Abstract

If you are looking to develop and deploy REST APIs for your AEM and/or other web/mobile applications/services, and want to know the options, design considerations and places to be mindful of, you are in the right place.

The Options
Depends on the REST API framework of your choice (and I will walk through them in the section below), there are several options to develop and deploy REST APIs for your AEM applications. The most obvious one is Apache Sling. AEM uses Apache Sling as the REST web application framework, hence to implement REST API with Sling, you will create Sling servlets. If you want to develop and deploy your REST APIs inside AEM, but also not limit to AEM in the future, JAX-RS based Jersey is a good choice. I will demonstrate the JAX-RS and Jersey architecture below as well. If you are not bound to AEM and going to develop and deploy your REST APIs outside, you are free to choose any API framework and tech stack. You can choose a popular Java API framework like Spring or Spring Boot, or you can choose a serverless and GraphQL approach with AWS AppSync and AWS Lambda.

Read Full Blog

Design Considerations for REST APIs in AEM Applications

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 1

Our company already use adobe managed services for our contents. We have 1 author n 2 publishers instances and are hosted in adobe managed AWS. We have few REST API's  exposed for other applications  through author instance. This design have been implemented by adobe common services. Existing design has 2 major flaws. With increased api calls, author instance performance has gone down. Also, it's not scalable. Additionally, new design should be able to alert consumer if there is any change in the actual asset during/after publish.  Please advise best solution for the above problem.