Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Deploying code on pipeline

Level 3

I have deployed a  branch code on the stage server through the production pipeline and have yet to deploy it to production. I want to test some changes in the dev server for non-release, If I make some changes in the same branch and deploy them on the dev server, will those change will get reflected on the production server while deploying to production?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Dillibabu77 Changes you apply to the same branch to test things on DEV will not affect the currently running production pipeline. When a pipeline kicks off, code checkout happens right after the Validation step and at the start of Build & Unit Testing and generates the code artifacts at the end of the phase. Generated code artifacts in the Build phase will be deployed to Stage and Production environments.

However, if you're making non-release changes, probably it's a good idea to create a separate branch out of the release branch and select the new branch in the non-production pipeline to deploy it to DEV.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Dillibabu77 Changes you apply to the same branch to test things on DEV will not affect the currently running production pipeline. When a pipeline kicks off, code checkout happens right after the Validation step and at the start of Build & Unit Testing and generates the code artifacts at the end of the phase. Generated code artifacts in the Build phase will be deployed to Stage and Production environments.

However, if you're making non-release changes, probably it's a good idea to create a separate branch out of the release branch and select the new branch in the non-production pipeline to deploy it to DEV.