Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Delete button showing disabled in SiteAdmin console for Parent page/site

Former Community Member

Hello Please help in resolving an issue with siteadmin. The delete button is showing disabled when i am trying to delete any site/page from the site admin. Where is for child pages in the site the delete button is enabled. I am also attahcing screen shots for reference. Kindly help me in resolving this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Abhilash Reddy

If you are using WCM siteadmin and wish to create a new page/site using the available buttons, they may appear disabled so that you are unable to click on them.  Firstly, you should check your permissions for these actions and/or check with an administrator or admin account.  If these problems persist it may be related to an issue in your repository structure.

Reason

These buttons can also be disabled if there is an invalid Page node in the /content tree.  A cq:Page node must have a child named jcr:content of type cq:PageContent, otherwise it is invalid and can lead to this issue.  The root /content node is not of type cq:Page and therefore does not require a jcr:content child of type cq:PageContent, but every other Page node below /content should have this structure.

It seems that if the invalid node is a top-level page/site in the content tree (e.g. /content/geometrixx) then it will affect the site actions for all other top-level nodes, and other nodes in that specific tree.
If the invalid node is a sub node (e.g. /content/geometrixx/en/services), then it seems to only affect the site actions for that level in that tree.

Such invalid nodes can appear in the tree if they were created outside of WCM (i.e. using CRXDE, or Content Explorer), or by importing a package containing such invalid nodes.

Solution

Check your content tree for such invalid page nodes, and repair the nodes as required, by creating a jcr:content child node of type cq:PageContent.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Abhilash Reddy

If you are using WCM siteadmin and wish to create a new page/site using the available buttons, they may appear disabled so that you are unable to click on them.  Firstly, you should check your permissions for these actions and/or check with an administrator or admin account.  If these problems persist it may be related to an issue in your repository structure.

Reason

These buttons can also be disabled if there is an invalid Page node in the /content tree.  A cq:Page node must have a child named jcr:content of type cq:PageContent, otherwise it is invalid and can lead to this issue.  The root /content node is not of type cq:Page and therefore does not require a jcr:content child of type cq:PageContent, but every other Page node below /content should have this structure.

It seems that if the invalid node is a top-level page/site in the content tree (e.g. /content/geometrixx) then it will affect the site actions for all other top-level nodes, and other nodes in that specific tree.
If the invalid node is a sub node (e.g. /content/geometrixx/en/services), then it seems to only affect the site actions for that level in that tree.

Such invalid nodes can appear in the tree if they were created outside of WCM (i.e. using CRXDE, or Content Explorer), or by importing a package containing such invalid nodes.

Solution

Check your content tree for such invalid page nodes, and repair the nodes as required, by creating a jcr:content child node of type cq:PageContent.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Former Community Member

Hii kautuksahni

I have checked my content tree and deleted few page nodes which are not cq:pageContent type. Then I am able to see default behaviur with WCM buttons. But could you please help me in understanding some points related to the same issue ?. Below are my observations

I have used existing template to create a new page/site which intern created a nodetype of nt:unstructured in content tree.

After deleting some nodes in content tree which are not cq:pageContent type , I have tried to to create a page with same template resulting a node of cq:pageContent in tree.

Why existing invalid nodes causing creation of few more invalid nodes when creating a page using a properly designed tempalate and its component ?

Administrator

Hi Abhilash Reddy

Please try to use some other template.Such invalid nodes can appear in the tree if they were created outside of WCM (i.e. using CRXDE, or Content Explorer), or by importing a package containing such invalid nodes.

I might be the case this template is erroneous.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Former Community Member

Hi kautuksahni

Thanks for response. I guess The problem is not with template . As you suggested I have deleted some invalid nodes after that when I am trying to create a page using same template node type of cq:pageContent is creating under content tree ( which is expected behaviur)

But before deleting invalid nodes , Pages created by using the same template creating invalid nodes of type nt:unstructured.