Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Data Feed Event List Mapping

Level 2

Hello,

I have a few questions about the post_event_list field from the Adobe Data Feed and the event mapping file included.

In the post_event_list, I am seeing values such as this: "24,010,010,710,810,900,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000"

• Why are there multiple instances of '000'?
  • In the event mapping file that comes with the data feed, there is no event 24. How/where can I find info on what event 24 is? Same for 810 and 900.
  • There are Custom Events from IDs 20100 - 20999. How can I find which Custom Events these are mapped to? They are only named Custom Event 101 - 1000, which does not align with what we see in our Adobe Analytics reporting suite.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @atran523 

The post_event_list field in the Adobe Data Feed contains a comma-separated list of event IDs that were fired during a particular visit or hit. The values you provided in your example, "24,010,010,710,810,900,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000", correspond to the following event IDs: 24, 10, 10, 710, 810, 900, and a series of zeroes.

1. The multiple instances of '000' in the post_event_list field represent unspecified or unknown event IDs. These placeholders are included to maintain consistency in the format of the event list, even if some events are missing or unknown.

2. If an event is not included in the event mapping file provided with the data feed, it may be a custom event that is specific to your implementation or a deprecated event that is no longer supported. To find more information about events that are not included in the mapping file, you can refer to the Adobe Analytics documentation or contact Adobe Customer Support.

3. Custom events from IDs 20100-20999 are typically mapped to descriptive names by the Adobe Analytics implementation team. The names of these custom events may not align with the naming conventions used in the Adobe Analytics reporting suite. To find out which custom events correspond to these IDs, you will need to refer to your Adobe Analytics implementation documentation or speak to the team responsible for implementing Adobe Analytics on your website.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @atran523 

The post_event_list field in the Adobe Data Feed contains a comma-separated list of event IDs that were fired during a particular visit or hit. The values you provided in your example, "24,010,010,710,810,900,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000", correspond to the following event IDs: 24, 10, 10, 710, 810, 900, and a series of zeroes.

1. The multiple instances of '000' in the post_event_list field represent unspecified or unknown event IDs. These placeholders are included to maintain consistency in the format of the event list, even if some events are missing or unknown.

2. If an event is not included in the event mapping file provided with the data feed, it may be a custom event that is specific to your implementation or a deprecated event that is no longer supported. To find more information about events that are not included in the mapping file, you can refer to the Adobe Analytics documentation or contact Adobe Customer Support.

3. Custom events from IDs 20100-20999 are typically mapped to descriptive names by the Adobe Analytics implementation team. The names of these custom events may not align with the naming conventions used in the Adobe Analytics reporting suite. To find out which custom events correspond to these IDs, you will need to refer to your Adobe Analytics implementation documentation or speak to the team responsible for implementing Adobe Analytics on your website.

Level 2

I was able to resolve the issue w/ the help of Adobe support. The strange values I was seeing was due to me exporting the data file to CSV, which was reading the values in the post_event_list column as numbers and doing strange things to it around number notation. I uploaded the file to a SQL server where I was able to see the true values for post_event_list.

'000' events were not unspecified or unknown event IDs, it was the result of Excel interpreting the event_list value as a number and adding numeric notation.

Community Advisor

Good to know, Keep Posting your issues, We all are here to help