Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

dam image upload

Level 4

Hi,

For DAM image uploads I understand that the following image renditions are created 48x48, 140x100, 319x319, 1280x1280 and the original image. What I would like to know is whether it is possible to remove the 1280x1280 rendition from the workflow? I have noticed that when the 1280 rendition is removed,  image cropping inside an image component is not possible under the chrome browser as chrome cannot find the 1280 rendition and all you get is a blank image compoenent. This leads me to my next question is it possible to get the image component to use the original image for cropping purposes instead of the 1280 image rendition.

Regards,

Chris 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is a bug. File a daycare ticket along with business case to get official help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

in your "DAM Asset Update Workflow" (http://localhost:4502/etc/workflow/models/dam/update_asset.html), try removing step "Create Web Enabled Rendition". I can't promise that this has unwanted side effects, but this appears to be where that rendition is created.

cheeers,

Ben

Level 10

Ben answered rendition query.

try with firefox. If it works then bug is logged internally for chrome browser.

Level 4

Hi,

cropping of images works fine firefox. What do you mean bug is logged internally with chrome.

Regards,

chris

Correct answer by
Level 10

It is a bug. File a daycare ticket along with business case to get official help.

Former Community Member

Agree with SHAM. The CQ support document does not say that it supports Chrome to full effect.