Expand my Community achievements bar.

DAM folders showing 'Failed to load data'

Level 6

I'm facing issues with some of my AEM DAM folders while trying to open them from the touch UI. It shows 'failed to load data' while opening the folder and the folder doesn't opens at all. This behaviour is observed with DAM folders with 'Adaptive Media Encoding'. The issue is only observed in the touch UI card view, while list and column views works perfectly. Also I'm able to access and add files to DAM using the classic UI as well.
Any direction towards this issue would be appreciated. Thank you!

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@jezwn Please mention, if there any overlays that have been done on CARD View. Also, I am can you elaborate more on :"Add files to DAM using Claissic UI".

Along, with above queries, please mention the AEM version you are using currently.

For troubleshooting, please check author error logs, when trying to access DAM Folder with Adaptive Media Encoding

Level 6

There is no overlays done on Card view that I'm aware of. 
I can add files to AEM DAM folders using the classic UI at localhost:4502/damadmin.

The AEM version I'm using is AEM 6.5.10.

The error log says, 
com.day.cq.dam.commons.metadata.SimpleXmpToJcrMetadataBuilder Unable to extract the complex metadata Unknown namespace prefix for qualified name com.adobe.xmp.XMPException: Unknown namespace prefix for qualified name

Employee Advisor

@jezwn 
It appears, that Asset(s) had been migrated without registering the custom namespace. If you have defined any custom metadata field, which gets populated post Asset Upload or Migration, then you must register its namespace.

Can you please check, if the custom metadata properties that has been defined for asset, does not cause any namespace conflict. Also, from below comment, namespace URI can be any URI or text which is in context.

https://techrevel.blog/2020/01/23/aem-custom-namespace/

One of the error resolution, which is close to the above mentioned exception can be found here:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-cloud-kcs/kbarticles/KA-16465.html?lang=en

Employee Advisor

Hi,

As per the Error you mentioned, please try the below steps and let me know If this resolves your issue.

Follow these steps:

1. Register the missing namespaces via the CRX Explorer:

2. Go to http://hostname:port/crx/explorer/index.jsp and log in as an admin user.

3. Click Node Type Administration in the CRX Explorer.

4. In the Node Type Administration window, click Namespaces, which is at the far right of the toolbar.

5. At the bottom of the Namespaces window, click New.

6. Enter the URI and the Namespace mapping, then click OK.

7. Enter the prefix of the Namespace mapping, then click OK.

Level 6

What should be the URI to be added while creating the name space? I tried with my author instance URI with the DAM path and setted up the namesapce. But it isn't working. Am I missing something here?