Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

DAM folder not visible in assets UI

Level 6

I've this folder in DAM, named xyz where I've the permissions to Read, Modify and Delete. When checking the assets UI this folder is not visible <domain>/assets.html/content/dam. If I hit the URL at <domain>/assets.html/content/dam/xyz I have the persmissions as above. I have checked with other folders as well inside DAM, some other folders are also having the same issue with these given permissions.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@jezwn What is the version of AEM are you using? Please check the permissions of parent folder as well, as child folders/nodes will be read relative to parent folder.

Level 6

@Shashi_Mulugu  The AEM version we're using is 6.5.4. The parent folder does contain these three permissions. One thing I observed later is there's a cloud config(/conf/global) to these folders which are not visible and no permissions has been set for /conf/global, which I assume would be the cause. But there's one outstanding folder with this cloud config and is visible in the assets UI. The only difference I see in the node properties is that, this one contains a property called 'sourcing' which is set to false.

Community Advisor

@jezwn ,

It might be because one of the content node under DAM is corrupted. Please check if you have jcr:content node under DAM. Also, check if you are getting error in browser console/network tab or in error logs.

Level 6

@Ritesh_Mittal  The issue is only with certain users. One thing I observed later is there's a cloud config(/conf/global) to these folders which are not visible and no permissions has been set for /conf/global, which I assume would be the cause. But there's one outstanding folder with this cloud config and is visible in the assets UI. The only difference I see in the node properties is that, this one contains a property called 'sourcing' which is set to false.